Scott Swain bio
Scott Swain has been actively studying communication, conflict resolution, and people/systems management since 1990. He has been designing and facilitating communication and conflict resolution training programs for businesses, at conferences, in schools, and to workgroups for over nine years. These courses have ranged in length from thirteen weeks to one day.
- Founded Austin Emotional Intelligence Play Group on May 6, 2015, which has met nearly every week since that date for a total of 463 meetings and 1820 members as of May 1, 2019. Details here: https://meetup.com/Austin-emotional-intelligence
- Currently writing book, “PRACTICAL EMPATHY, Rewire your brain for more connection, freedom, harmony, and power”.
+ Teaching NVC in a class format, from 13 week classes to weekend classes to one day classes to talks and one hour intros, starting in 2006.
- Led “Intro to NVC” course for Zaaz’s customer service department.
- Created Play to Evolve card game.
- Assisting couples and families in resolving conflicts, increasing responsibibility, understanding, and deepening communication in the home.
- “NVC in Business: Its TimeHas Come” – NVC Academy 4-day course – 2014.
- Business mediation between Voice & Exit and a client of theirs – 2014.
- Trained owners (partners) and staff at LIGHTfaktor in clear & efficient communication, internal and external. Included management, negotiation, and client relations – Austin, TX – 2014.
- Trained contract managers, negotiators, and other staff from National Contract Management Association – Austin, TX – 2012.
- Trained staff at Active Life Healing Clinic – Austin, TX – 2011.
- Taught “Empower Your Communication” class at Rethinking Everything Conference – Dallas, TX – 2013.
- Taught using Nonviolent Communication at Children’s Discovery Center – Austin, TX – 2013.
- Motivational speaking and public speaking at business, parenting, and relationship building events.
- Attended Six-week NVC course by Pat Siebert – 2005.
Thanks for helping me with “NVC goggles”. I am seeing the world more clearly thru lenses of empathy and compassion.… It’s so great to start liberating yourself and the way you view others from the moral judge and persecutor. I have known all these practices in bits and pieces I have collected over years of therapy meditation and self awareness. But to have it in one comprehensive plan is making it possible to apply. I feel like for the first time ever….when I see someone “angry” I don’t feel like I need to protect myself from that anger or tell the person to “not be angry”. I can see the complete despair that is beneath anger. I have seen Anon Name #1 in a totally different light after the years I labelled him as “abusive”. How limiting that was for both of us! I saw Anon Name #2 yesterday and was able to turn some anger that was coming out toward me into a recognition of how much pain was there in him. I told him I realized I hadn’t listened to him properly for years. I reached him. He heard me. His whole body softened. His clenched fist released as I held his hand. We understood each other. That moment moved a mountain. What a gift. Thank you. Read more “Jayne”
When I was initiated and learned my first lesson of tantra meditation, I took an oath of non violence. NVC… resonated with me immediately like my spiritual path did. The core of my path/practice is: self awareness, universal benevolence, and non violence. To now have a practice that is separate from spirituality (read: the dogma that sometimes exists in spirituality) but also is in line with that practice – Magnifique! Read more “Magnifique”