Scott Swain bio
Scott Swain has been actively studying communication, conflict resolution, and people/systems management since 1990. He has been designing and facilitating communication and conflict resolution training programs for businesses, at conferences, in schools, and to workgroups for over fourteen years. These courses have ranged in length from thirteen weeks to one day to three hours.
- Founded Austin Emotional Intelligence Play Group on May 6, 2015, which has met nearly every week since that date for a total of over 497 meetings and over 1860 members. Details here: https://meetup.com/Austin-emotional-intelligence
- Currently writing book, “PRACTICAL EMPATHY, Rewire your brain for more connection, freedom, harmony, and power”.
- Teaching NVC in a class format, from 13 week classes to weekend classes to one day classes to talks and one hour intros, starting in 2006.
- Led “Intro to NVC” course for Zaaz’s customer service department.
- Created Play to Evolve card game.
- Assisting couples and families in resolving conflicts, increasing responsibibility, understanding, and deepening communication in the home.
- “NVC in Business: Its TimeHas Come” – NVC Academy 4-day course – 2014.
- Business mediation between Voice & Exit and a client of theirs – 2014.
- Trained owners (partners) and staff at LIGHTfaktor in clear & efficient communication, internal and external. Included management, negotiation, and client relations – Austin, TX – 2014.
- Trained contract managers, negotiators, and other staff from National Contract Management Association – Austin, TX – 2012.
- Trained staff at Active Life Healing Clinic – Austin, TX – 2011.
- Taught “Empower Your Communication” class at Rethinking Everything Conference – Dallas, TX – 2013.
- Taught using Nonviolent Communication at Children’s Discovery Center – Austin, TX – 2013.
- Motivational speaking and public speaking at business, parenting, and relationship building events.
- Attended Six-week NVC course by Pat Siebert – 2005.
Some sources for Scott’s publications
When I first met Scott, I was inspired by the way he communicated with and interacted with everyone around… him, and my personal interactions with him conveyed a depth of understanding and connection I’d found only rarely in my life up to that point. Learning NVC with Scott (I’ve been in three of his work groups already) has given me the ability to interact with others in a more genuine and open way, and it’s added greater connection and beauty to even the simplest interactions in my life. I can’t recommend working with Scott highly enough. His comprehension of NVC and his ability to impart this knowledge and understanding through both his everyday actions and the way he guides his work groups are simply incredible. Scott doesn’t just teach NVC; he lives it. Tabatha Worthy NVC gave me tools to improve my communication and process information in a new way. Scotter was an awesome 😉 guide on the journey. [view] “Ava Thomas”