Scott Swain bio
Scott Swain has been actively studying communication, conflict resolution, and people/systems management since 1990. He has been designing and facilitating communication and conflict resolution training programs for businesses, at conferences, in schools, and to workgroups for over fourteen years. These courses have ranged in length from thirteen weeks to one day.
- Founded Austin Emotional Intelligence Play Group on May 6, 2015, which has met nearly every week since that date for a total of over 480 meetings and over 1800 members. Details here: https://meetup.com/Austin-emotional-intelligence
- Currently writing book, “PRACTICAL EMPATHY, Rewire your brain for more connection, freedom, harmony, and power”.
- Teaching NVC in a class format, from 13 week classes to weekend classes to one day classes to talks and one hour intros, starting in 2006.
- Led “Intro to NVC” course for Zaaz’s customer service department.
- Created Play to Evolve card game.
- Assisting couples and families in resolving conflicts, increasing responsibibility, understanding, and deepening communication in the home.
- “NVC in Business: Its TimeHas Come” – NVC Academy 4-day course – 2014.
- Business mediation between Voice & Exit and a client of theirs – 2014.
- Trained owners (partners) and staff at LIGHTfaktor in clear & efficient communication, internal and external. Included management, negotiation, and client relations – Austin, TX – 2014.
- Trained contract managers, negotiators, and other staff from National Contract Management Association – Austin, TX – 2012.
- Trained staff at Active Life Healing Clinic – Austin, TX – 2011.
- Taught “Empower Your Communication” class at Rethinking Everything Conference – Dallas, TX – 2013.
- Taught using Nonviolent Communication at Children’s Discovery Center – Austin, TX – 2013.
- Motivational speaking and public speaking at business, parenting, and relationship building events.
- Attended Six-week NVC course by Pat Siebert – 2005.
Some sources for Scott’s publications
When I was initiated and learned my first lesson of tantra meditation, I took an oath of non violence.… NVC resonated with me immediately like my spiritual path did. The core of my path/practice is: self awareness, universal benevolence, and non violence. To now have a practice that is separate from spirituality (read: the dogma that sometimes exists in spirituality) but also is in line with that practice – Magnifique! [view] “Magnifique”